Interactive brokers is one of the world’s Biggest Trading brokers with sophisticated and powerful trading technology developed by the Broker, and is ranked as #1 for Professional Traders access to trade real Futures, Stocks, ETFs, Options, Forex and many more instruments.
The company’s history started back in 1977 when Chairman Thomas Peterffy brought a seat on the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) and became a trading member as an individual market maker in equity options. Since then, through many years of development and integration, Interactive Brokers or IB conducts its broker or dealer business on over 120 world market destinations and is truly one of the biggest trading providers worldwide that adhere to the trading technology development.
- So why did the Interactive Brokers gain their highest rankings and a great reputation among the traders’ community? Firstly, the general broker’s offerings are directed to competitive, client-oriented proposals through a transparent policy, low commissions, financing rates, and price executions that minimize the costs, but deliver the highest level of trading technology.
The interactive Brokers management office is headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, and serves its additional entities in the USA, Switzerland, Canada, Hong Kong, UK, Australia, Hungary, Russia, Japan, India, China, and Estonia.
InteractiveBrokers Pros and Cons
From what our experts found, Interactive Brokers is one of the best and most well-regulated brokers worldwide with an excellent reputation, the account opening is smooth, technological base, trading platform and range of available instruments are also one of the best available in the industry in addition to some of lowest commissions and spreads.
- Education section, the range of available tools, customer support, and funding methods are also on the highest level.
From the negative side, we would only admit the advanced level of all proposal overall, plus quite high deposit for some accounts that makes IB more suitable for seasoned or professional traders’, also institutions.
- Long history of operation and strong establishment
- Excellent reputation, company trusted by leading organizations
- No minimum deposit
- Great trading tools and trading technology
- Proprietary awarded software
- Low fees and commissions
- Conditions and offering vary depending on the entity and regulations
- Minimum deposit is high for some accounts