Min. Deposit: $0
Platforms: MT4, IG Proprietary
Regulation: FCA, ASIC, BaFin, FINMA, NFA, MAS, DFSA, FSCA, JFSA, FMA, BMA
Found in: 1974
- IG Markets Ltd – authorized by FCA (UK) registration no. 195355
- IG Index Ltd – authorized by FCA (UK) registration no. 114059
- IG Europe GmbH – authorized by BaFin (Germany) registration no.
- IG Markets Limited – authorized by ASIC (Australia) registration no. 220440
- IG Bank SA – authorized by FINMA (Switzerland)
- IG Asia Pte Limited – authorized by MAS (Singapore) registration no. 200510021K
- IG Limited – authorized by DFSA (Dubai) registration no. F001780
Our Review Method:
- Financial Experts with over 10 years of experience in Forex Trading check all trading offerings, fees, and platforms, verified regulations, contacted customer service, and placed traders to see trading conditions and give expert opinions about IG.
What is IG?
IG is a large Forex and CFD Broker with almost worldwide presence and powerful trading technology. Founded in 1974 as a pioneer company of its kind IG, formally known as IG Markets ltd, IG has been at the industry forefront and actually built the concept of financial spread betting that introduced online deals as early as 1998.
Currently, the company features a global presence and provides trading solutions through offices in 13 countries located in the world’s key financial districts, which enables it to reach clients across the world. The broker is headquartered in London (UK) and includes operations in the USA, Australia, Japan, and New Zealand, registered among European countries and Singapore.
What Type of Broker is IG?
Based on our Expert research, IG is a Forex and CFD broker offering flexible access to more than 18,000 global markets, with reliable execution. The broker has over 45 years of experience offering a truly market-leading service.
IG Pros and Cons
IG is one of the most trusted brokers and companies worldwide. It is listed on Stock Exchange for extra transparency and is heavily regulated. IG trading conditions are excellent too, low costs for Forex, professional education section, selection of trading platforms, and research are very good.
For the Cons, there are some limitations in product offering, trading instruments are mainly Forex and CFDs, and there is no 24/7 customer support.
- Heavily regulated broker with a strong establishment
- Good reputation
- Wide range of trading platforms and competitive trading conditions
- Listed in Stock Exchange
- Good quality educational materials, and excellent research
- Quality customer support with live chat and fast response
- Conditions vary based on the entity
- No 24/7 support
IG Review Summary in 10 Points
|Regulation||FCA, ASIC, BaFin, CFTC, FINMA, MAS, DFSA, etc.|
|Platforms||MT4, IG Proprietary|
|Instruments||Over 18,000 markets to trade based on CFDs currency pairs, commodities, indices, stocks, financial spread betting (available in the UK and Ireland)|
|EUR/USD Spread||0.6 pips|
|Minimum Deposit||No minimum requirement|
|Base Currencies||Several base currencies|
|Education||IG Academy, Free trading courses, webinars|
Overall IG Ranking
Based on our findings, IG is considered a good broker with safe and very favorable trading conditions. The broker offers a range of trading services designed for both beginner traders and professionals with low initial deposit amounts. As one of the good advantages, IG covers almost the globe, so traders from various countries can sign in, also with the lowest spreads.
- IG Overall Ranking is 8.9 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
|Advantages||Trading Conditions||Platforms||Low Deposit|
IG Alternative Brokers
We learned that IG offers a range of trading instruments, good trading conditions, and also low trading spreads and fees. However, there are a number of other brokers that offer similar services. Here are some of the best alternatives to IG:
- AvaTrade – Good Instruments and CopyTrading
- Pepperstone – Low Spreads and Competitive Trading Conditions
- XM – Wide Range of Trading Opportunities
The IG indeed achieved many of the progressive and industry goals while being recognized time and time for both the services and the technology they provide, as well as the working environment. The broker has so many multiple industry awards for its market-leading service.
Is IG Safe or Scam?
No, IG is not a scam. IG is a regulated and authorized broker with numerous entities around the world where it all respectively operates under necessary financial licenses like FCA, ASIC, CFTC, DFSA, etc. Also, the broker is listed on a Stock exchange which provides extra security.
Is IG legit?
We learned that IG trading is fully legit. The IG group of companies is heavily regulated by the top leading authorities worldwide due to its global presence by the appropriate bodies in the territory it operates. As the principal office of the IG is located in the UK, the broker respectively authorized by the FCA, while the stocks and shares ISA accounts are provided by IG Markets Ltd and spread betting by registered IG Index Ltd.